This in from Paola de Kock and reproduced here with her permission:
Several people . . . have asked about the Feb 10 “special hearing” – what regulations will be voted on, was the notice sufficient, when and where to send comments, etc. The confusion hasn’t been helped by misinformation from hapless DFA’s. I have already reported on this [listserv] that the DFA in attendance at the Manhattan High Schools Presidents’ Council on 1/27 stated that only CR A-655 (SLT) and A-660 (PA/PTAs) remained to be voted on at the Feb 10 meeting. Someone then forwarded the notice sent by Mr. Napier to CECs 24-30, according to which CR A-660 is NOT on the agenda.
I consolidated various emails and double-checked my information into an up-to-date guide “Notices from the Panel of Education Puppets” on the blog.
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE: I did some more hunting and pecking around the PEP website this morning and discovered that the below is in fact how the agenda appears if you follow the links from “meeting materials” to “other materials” (don’t waste your time looking for it under “agendas”) to 2/10/10 Materials. So the below is correct, although at odds with everything else on the website as well as what we have been told more informally.
Since this list is monitored , I expect DOE will make the necessary changes. They should at least pretend to take the process seriously.
Paola de Kock
Murry Bergtraum High School for Business Careers
411 Pearl Street
Manhattan, NY 10038
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
B. Approval of Chancellor’s Regulations
The Panel will vote on the following list of Chancellor’s Regulations. Public comment on the Regulations being considered by the Panel will take place before the Panel votes. Click on the Regulation to view the full text of the Regulation.
1. Regulation D-140: Process for the Nomination and Selection of Members of the Community Education Councils Including Filling Vacancies
2. Regulation D-150: Process for the Nomination and Selection of Members of the Citywide Council on Special Education Including Filling Vacancies
3. Regulation D-160: Process for the Nomination and Selection of Members of the Citywide Council on High Schools Including Filling Vacancies
4. Regulation D-170: Process for the Nomination and Selection of Members of the Citywide Council on English Language Learners including Filling Vacancies
5. Regulation D-180: Extended Use of School Buildings
6. Regulation A-414: Safety Plans
7. Regulation A-415: Department of Education Emergency Notification System
8. Regulation A-655: School and District Leadership Teams
9. Regulation B-801: School-Based Budgeting
Translation services will be provided in Spanish or American Sign Language through reservation only: (212) 374-2437 orNBaldassano@schools.nyc.gov.
Contact for agenda items: Natalie Baldassano: (212) 374-2437, 52 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007, firstname.lastname@example.org.