Join DC37 workers at City Hall to protest the layoffs of over 700 school staff from 4pm to 6pm.
· Use the articles linked below to inform your coworker about the layoffs.
Gotham Schools: http://gothamschools.org/2011/08/29/dc-37-official-cutting-school-aides-wont-save-city-much-money/
Daily News: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/08/26/2011-08-26_doe_layoffs_hit_poor_areas_hardest.html
NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/schoolbook/2011/09/20/school-aides-rally-for-their-jobs/?scp=21&sq=nyc%20department%20of%20education&st=cse
· Survey the DC37 workers about how much they know about the layoffs
· Wear GREEN to show your support to all the DC37 workers throughout the city.
· Join DC37 workers at City Hall to protest the layoffs of over 700 school staff from 4pm to 6pm.
· Call 311 and tell the Mayor to Stop the Layoffs of all 700 DC37 workers. Our students need these workers and there is a surplus in the budget.
· Have your co-workers sign the petition (hard copy attached to this e-mail, link: http://www.change.org/petitions/mayor-michael-r-bloomberg-stop-the-layoff-of-essential-dc37-school-staff-on-oct-7th to stop the layoffs.)
Let’s keep showing the city that we have teachers and a union that cares about our schools and kids!
Brought to you by the Fight Back Friday Committee
Please E-Mail email@example.com to let us know you are participating.
|Tue Oct 4 4pm – 6pm Eastern Time|
|City Hall Rally (map)|